I'm Still a Mommy

Welcome to my new blog (like I don't have enough already). This blog is all about how to be a mother -- or how not to be a mother, whichever fits. 

My sons are both long ago moved out and on their own. It's been a really hard road sometimes, but I'm still their mom. We have not always had the best of relationships, and I was not always the best mother. I wish I had had someone to take me under their wing and show me how to mother better, but there were not decent mothers in my family to do that.

So here I am at 60, with only advice to give on what NOT to do and how to rebuild a relationship with children who don't actually want you to be their mother. It's taken me many years, and one son is still a little hostile toward me, but I've done, and do, all I can and now it's up to them.


1 comments:

Unknown said...

You can't have too many blogs, right? Ok, you definitely can, but when the ideas and words keep coming, it's hard to say no! I look forward to reading more posts. :)

Post a Comment